Committees are the arteries of our congregation.
Through committees, we do the work of the church, make enduring friendships, develop a variety of experiences intended to nurture our diverse spiritual needs, welcome newcomers to our faith traditions, take care of our buildings and grounds, provide support to our neighbors experiencing hardship, endeavor to make gains on social justice issues, support our adult and youth religious exploration, and more:
Check the list below to see which committees align with your personal passions and talents. Talk to the chairpersons about getting involved. Official roles and responsibilities of committees are available on this website’s Documents page.
- Aesthetics and Visual Arts helps maintain an attractive interior to our facility, and operates our art gallery. Read more.
- Auction Our annual auction raises operational funds and showcases our many skills and talents. Great fun! Read more.
- Building and Grounds ensures our building and grounds are well maintained. Read more.
- Caring Connections enables supporting of one another in times of need: transportation, food, visits, etc. Read more.
- Committee on Shared Ministry supports our minister, ensures UUCWI’s ministry’s health. Read more.
- Earth Spirit Circle provides an outlet for the expression and observance of Earth-Based Religious practices. Read more.
- Internet Communications coordinates our website, newsletter, and electronic news delivery. Read more.
- Leadership Council comprises all committee chairs and staff, serving to coordinate cross-committee activities and fostering needed communications. Read more.
- Library Committee maintains a collection of 800 titles. Read more.
- Lifespan Spiritual Development: Includes Adult Programs and Children’s Religious Exploration.
- Long Range Planning will monitor progress toward achieving goals in our five-year plan. Read more.
- Membership assists visitors in getting to know us and to learn about the path to membership. Read more.
- Music encourages and supports music for services and other occasions. Read more.
- Participation Committee works with congregants to explore avenues for involvement at UUCWI that align with their interests. It also seeks candidates for leadership roles including for the Board of Trustees. This is a new committee. Its Roles and Responsibilities are forthcoming.
- Refreshments coordinates Sunday refreshments and manages the kitchen. Read more.
- Social and Environmental Council fosters the worth and dignity of all people by promoting social, economic, and environmental justice and community service activities. Read more.
- Stewardship coordinates the annual stewardship drive. Read more.
- Worship creates and presents services. Read more.