Committees are the arteries of our congregation.
Through committees, we do the work of the church, make enduring friendships, develop a variety of experiences intended to nurture our diverse spiritual needs, welcome newcomers to our faith traditions, take care of our buildings and grounds, provide support to our neighbors experiencing hardship, endeavor to make gains on social justice issues, support our adult and youth religious exploration, and more:
Check the list below to see which committees align with your personal passions and talents. Talk to the chairpersons about getting involved. Official roles and responsibilities of committees are available on this website’s Documents page.
- Adult Programs facilitates classes and worshops offered to adult congregants for lifelong learning, spiritual development, and fellowship. Read more.
- Aesthetics and Visual Arts helps maintain an attractive interior to our facility, and operates our art gallery. Read more.
- Auction Our annual auction raises operational funds and showcases our many skills and talents. Great fun! Chair: Sarah Richards
- Building and Grounds ensures our building and grounds are well maintained. Read more.
- Caring Connections enables supporting of one another in times of need: transportation, food, visits, etc. Read more.
- Children’s Religious Exploration offers a values-based program for the congregation’s children. Read more.
- Committee on Shared Ministry supports our minister, ensures UUCWI’s ministry’s health. Read more.
- Earth Spirit Circle provides an outlet for the expression and observance of Earth-Based Religious practices. Read more.
- Internet Communications coordinates our website, newsletter, and electronic news delivery. Read more.
- Leadership Council comprises all committee chairs and staff, serving to coordinate cross-committee activities and fostering needed communications. Read more.
- Library Committee maintains a collection of 650 titles. Read more.
- Long Range Planning is developing our five-year plan that will guide the future of the congregation. Read more.
- Membership assists visitors in getting to know us and to learn about the path to membership. Read more.
- Music encourages and supports music for services and other occasions. Read more.
- Nominating provides candidates for the Board of Trustees and Nominating Committee openings annually. Read more.
- Refreshments coordinates Sunday refreshments and manages the kitchen. Read more.
- Social and Environmental Council fosters the worth and dignity of all people by promoting social, economic, and environmental justice and community service activities. Read more.
- Stewardship coordinates the annual stewardship drive. Read more.
- Worship creates and presents services. Read more.